We Advocate For Your Well-Being After A Car Accident
Car accidents happen every day across Colorado, but there is nothing ordinary about the damage that they cause. When a collision leads to serious injuries, individuals and families may be overwhelmed with the ensuing medical, financial and legal issues.
Based in Denver, Beem & Isley, P.C., is ready to provide clarity and representation. Our attorneys draw upon decades of experience to protect the rights of our clients. When a car accident transforms your life, turn to a trusted source of guidance.
Dangerous Driving Errors Change Lives
We have pursued personal injury claims for car accidents involving a variety of factors, including:
- Driving while drunk, fatigued or under the influence of drugs
- Distracted driving, such as texting, eating or chatting with passengers
- Failure to stop at intersections and other traffic violations
- Vehicle malfunctions due to defective parts or poor repairs
In Colorado, the amount of compensation you could claim partially depends on fault. If a driver is mainly responsible for the car crash, they may collect a smaller percentage of the compensation they would have received otherwise for their injuries. Therefore, you have an incentive to prove that the other party contributed to the accident. However, even if you are partially at fault, you can still file a claim if you have injuries.
As committed lawyers, we will advocate for you throughout the process. If the insurance company will not offer a fair settlement, our litigators have the knowledge and determination to take claims to trial. Serious injuries can greatly affect your life. It is our duty to set you back on course as fully as possible.
Be Careful What You Do After An Accident
If you are in a car crash, who you call, what you document and the other choices you make afterwards will impact any insurance claim you choose to file. A seemingly innocuous comment or similar mistake can mean you no longer qualify for support. Here are some rules-of-thumb for you to follow when in a road accident:
- Do not say “I am sorry,” instead ask if everyone is okay. Saying sorry can be an admission of fault, precluding you from a settlement.
- Take lots of pictures. Images of the car, who was involved, any bruises or other evidence can strongly support your case.
- Call the police and, if appropriate, an ambulance. Not only does this mean everyone gets resources they need, but it also means there is formal documentation of the accident and your injuries.
- Get follow-up care. Car crashes often lead to injuries that take a while to fully develop. A hurt back may mean long-term damage months later. Quality care throughout recovery will mean you know the full extent of the injuries.
The more information you have, the better off you are. Collecting all the necessary information and getting a complete diagnosis can be daunting, even scary, but knowledge really is power.
Understand Your Next Steps
If you have serious injuries following a motor vehicle collision, call 303-894-8100 or email us to schedule a case review. Beem & Isley, P.C., upholds professionalism in every case. We will give you an honest assessment of your claim and help you seek the compensation you deserve.